Wednesday 4 February 2009

Snow stops play

As I said the other day in my last post I didn't expect to do much betting these last few days due to the snow and today wasn't much different.

I didn't like the look of today's racing this morning and I was right to tread cautiously, the day seemed riddled with dodgy short priced favourites, who had holes in their form, but didn't have enough against them to lay, or otherwise tremendously competitive handicaps.

As it turned out, a lot of the short priced favourites at Lingfield and Down Royal did get beat, so perhaps I should have laid them, but I like to have a few horses with good form running for me if I'm laying. The one that probably got away as regards a bet was Five Star Junior, who looked in command of two of today's rivals when they met here two starts ago, and so despite the rise in weights, he was always likely to beat them again, which he did with ease to complete his four in a row. Still I didn't miss much at 11/10 and I hate backing horses who I have left alone for all their previous victories, only for them to go up the weights and get beat, when I back them.

Hopefully Taunton tomorrow will be on but I am not sure any racing will be given the snow forecasts - though it would be good to get some proper jump racing back on the road!

The last few days The Form Guru who contacted me the other day and who are offering a free trial for the whole of February have not had any selections, not surprising given the weather.

Hopefully racing will be back on track soon. Though tonight I will be having a few beers and watching Liverpool v Everton. Should be a good match!

For anyone who missed it live today, WUBT radio was back on at 1pm hosted by the Man Of Mystery. You can listen to a replay of the show by click here. The show featured a full time poker player who travels the world and pays for it by playing poker online. It is a definatewly worth a listen!

No comments:

Post a Comment