Thursday 22 January 2009

Late again

Hi,

Sorry for the late update - I had hoped to do this post before yesterday's evening racing as I had a big word for Harald Bluetooth but I was running late and had a function to go to so I am sorry I didn't get chance to give the info I had.

Although a good day it was frustrating at times as I made some stupid errors. I had £50 on Don't Stop Me Now pre-race with a fixed odds bookie at 11/10, as I thought the form of her last run when just touched off by West With The Wind was easily strong enough for her to take care of today's bunch, especially with her receiving so much weight and being ridden by a most promising conditional jockey. Victory was never really in doubt from flagfall.

I just messed around in-running for the first part of the afternoon, I was pleased with my discipline backing a couple of winners rounding the home turn, but then got stung with a lay that found far more than looked like it would. However, I pulled things around with a bet in-running on Plush at Wolves. I was going to back it pre-race, but a fast pace is essential for this hold-up performer and thus I was right to wait until I could see that the leaders had hared off in front, playing right into Plush's hands, who bolted in for excellent trainer, Tom Dascombe.

So all in all a decent enough day and one I have to be happy with. Next time I will try to get the info up before the race!

No comments:

Post a Comment