Friday 30 January 2009

Quick round up

This weeks racing has been pretty moderate when looking at the whole week. The days in which I have got involved in have not been great. There have been various abandonment's though I think next week there is going to be a heap of them with the cold weather I mentioned in the previous post.

When the racing is like this Discipline is key and you need to be careful as you can soon lose track and more importantly money. That is why I have been using reduced stakes and been trying to be prudent with my in-running betting.

Looking back on the month it has lived up to expectations of being a hard month to pick winners with the heavy ground and a lot of poor quality midweek racing, so as I said discipline is key and keeping your head above water is the most important thing.

We have to be thankful for the AW racing and this can prove to be good in-running fodder. The races are often extremely difficult to work out pre-race but most of the races are extremely pace dependant, most especially at Southwell, where any leader that gets an easy lead is proving very hard to peg back at the moment (my 25.0 in-running yesterday on Aureate was pleasing proof of this!).

The only race I liked the look of today was the 3.10 at Catterick, the novice hurdle. Despite a lot of professionals tipping Palm Reader, I was more than happy to take him on under a penalty, as the form of his last time out victory is moderate. I had a slight preference for Be Brief after a good run behind Tarablaze last time, but in the end decided to split my stake between Be Brief and Time For Rupert (Paul Webber's only runner).

I still can't work out why Time For Rupert touched 12's IR but he won very well and is yet another boost to the form of Bensalem, who I am very keen on for the 3-mile novice hurdle at the Festival. He's crying out for a proper test of stamina after getting outspeeded by Diamond Harry last week.

So you heard it here first - get on Bensalem for the Festival!!!

I shall be trading over the weekend as usual and am planning on trying out some new ideas so I will probably be using reduced stakes. I am also likely to have a few bets so check back to see how I get on.

Thanks for the comment on the last post - any other questions just ask!

Have a good weekend!

No comments:

Post a Comment